Thursday, 19 August 2004

Yamaha Pacifica 112 Guitar Project, Part 3

Having finished sanding the guitar body, I was ready to proceed with applying the wood stain. I decided against using just a single colour and making the guitar look like it would have originally. I decided instead to try to create my own more interesting finish through the use of masking tape and three different colour stains!
Masking the body with tape
Masking the body with tape


The first stain has been applied and the tape removed
The first stain has been applied and the tape removed


Taped up again and the second stain is applied
Taped up again and the second stain is applied


Tape removed again: the first two colours
Tape removed again: the first two colours


A view around the back
A view around the back


The third colour having been applied
The third colour having been applied


Neck, scratchplate and bridge positioned to show what the guitar will look like
The neck, scratchplate and bridge positioned to show what the guitar will look like

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis