Friday 10 June 2005

Archtop guitar
Here's my old battered cello guitar that was rescued and brought back to life through the efforts of a couple of friends. I really can't take any credit for this project, as all the work was done for me. This work included re-glueing the body, re-setting the neck, sanding the remaining old finish off (someone had made a half-arsed attempt previously) and re-spraying in this gorgeous gold.

I've strung her up tonight for the first time and the initial impressions are good. The sound is sweet and I have achieved a very nice playable action. I just need to play the new strings in a bit and get the tuning stabilised, as they always sound overly bright when you first put them on.

In case you don't remember, this is what she looked like before!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis