Saturday 2 July 2011

Jasperbridge percussion guitar


I should really not do that, looting honorable colleague bloggers, but the alternative guitar I discovered today on the excellent Muzicosphere is too astonishing to keep it discreet: check this, the Jasperbridge percussion guitar is both familiar and completely new...

Some brilliant and twisted mind who decided that hitting the strings with a drumstick was a better way of playing guitar (who never tried this?) thought that it required a proper instrument, and came up with this strange thing, simple and pragmatic, most likely with a unexpected potential...

Because though I don't think that this percussion guitar will revolutionize the 6-string universe, I'm sure that some day some musician will find his own way to play it - probably far from what it was meant for - and produce some great music on it. I can tell that I myself imagine many things to do with it, and I'd put it on stage within 3 weeks!

For now, look at this video, a perfect example of how to use the percussion guitar, in a very classic way...


Bertram

 © 2011, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis