Tuesday 8 December 2015

The day the Rush died. Alex Lifeson's Signature Aurora Guitar for sale in Toronto.

guitarz.blogspot.com:





I guess it was just a coincidence that I came across this posting today as the news of Neil Peart's retirement from music bounced around the internet. This isn't entirely shocking news but as a lifelong Rush fan ( though, admittedly much more fervent in the 70s in 80s before i discovered what the rest of the world had to offer ) I'm a little saddened.
It was Alex Lifeson and his unique approach to guitar that had me practicing riffs and solos over and over. Not before or since then have I tried to learn anyones music as precisely. I clearly wasn't that precise, but the foundation of my skills were cemented then, in those countless hours.

So, only the $15000 price tag could keep me from this otherwise rather underwhelming super-strat-esque Signature Aurora. I was at at least one of the shows where he played this guitar.

A Farewell To Kings, indeed.

R.W. Haller

© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

4 comments:

  1. That isn't Alex's guitar. I read the head snapped off during the Presto tour. And it also had his name in the inlay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That isn't Alex's guitar. I read the head snapped off during the Presto tour. And it also had his name in the inlay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That isn't Alex's guitar. The head snapped off during the Presto tour and also had his name on the inlay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slightly misleading title.Yes,this is obviously a 1987 aurora.I don't know how many of these were made but by God I'd love one.Maybe the production auroras differed from Alex's in regards to pickups but otherwise yes it's the model Alex played.. although I am a serious Rush geek I confess to feeling a little saddened when they started tuning down and peart got rid of a kick drum and Geddy started using those horrible DI boxes.I still bought everything they did,of course,but it was never the same for me after Presto..

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis