Monday 30 May 2011

Yamaha SA-30 vintage semi-hollowbody from 1969

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Regular readers of Guitarz will know that I am an avid fan of Yamaha's early solidbody guitars. Looking at this 1969 Yamaha SA-30 complete with vibrato, I'm thinking that I could well develop a taste for their hollowbody and semi electrics too!

Having recently come into possession of an Aria TA-40 - quite a modest semi-hollowbody - I had to wonder why it's taken me so many years to even try one out, and that's speaking as someone who has owned 50+ guitars over the years.

This Yamaha SA-30 is quite glorious, and is finished in a deep emerald green. It looks to be all original, apart perhaps from the bridge, the colour of the wooden base of which doesn't quite ring true to an instrument of this vintage. This guitar is currently being offered for sale on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $1,295 which is approximately what I paid for my Yamaha SG-3 last year and seems quite reasonable for a vintage Yamaha electric so long as it's all in tip top condition.

G L Wilson

© 2011, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

3 comments:

  1. How do you find the serial number of the Yamaha SA30?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I (from Norway) own a SA-30, green. The bridge are the same on mine. Serialnumber is not visible. The plectarplate? is missing on mine, so I´m lokkin for a new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know where I can find a wiring diagram for this guitar, PLEASE ?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis