Saturday 21 May 2011

Ideal vintage semi

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Hi Gavin

Been reading your blog for well over a year now and I just love it.

I have an oddball early 60s Japanese Semi Hollow Body Gretsch White Falcon Knock-off.

I have found next to nothing about this guitar. The manufactuer dates of production etc. I haven’t even come across any info other than this: http://www.ludlowguitars.com/item/falcon-copy-1960s

Well mine was a gift from the guitar gods. Found her in a trash can on the side of the road all in pieces. I put her back together this past fall and I gotta say that she might just be the sweetest player I have ever had. Great tone out of the single coils... nice action and a fast neck to boot. Perhaps someone out there knows more about these??? Would love to find out more about where in Japan this came from!

Keep up the great work!
This post originates at http://guitarz.blogspot.com - beware of those damned scraper blogs!
Scott

If anyone knows any more, please tell us using the comments. More photos in the comments, by the way! - GLW

© 2011, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

1 comment:

  1. I have one ideal guitar here in Brasil,check out my blog and you will see (paulinhopaes.blogspot)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis