Wednesday 26 December 2012

unidentified customised German guitar

I have no idea what this guitar might be... It's much likely German from the 1970s, though the shape makes me think of a Defil - a Polish brand. The pickups look quite Musima - or one of the many Markneukirchen guitar brands -, but the pickguard could be from Höfner, and I've seen this kind of bridge and trem on many German guitars. 

It has obviously been refinish in this quite peculiar glitter khaki green and the knobs probably come from a radio, so I bet it's a Frankenstein, still something tells me I should recognize the original model - am I not a double florentine hollow-body guitars fan?

So, anybody has an clue?

Bertram D

Edit: I was wrong all along, it's an Egmond 2ES1 Colorado!

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - 10 years and counting!

9 comments:

  1. a goldsprayed EGMOND Colorado 2 ES 1, introduced in "69

    Fleury67

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Is that the original finish? I didn't think it was gold with a bad picture...

      Delete
  2. Reminds me just a tad of my wonky necked Kawaii:

    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-XyoMFvpgPRc/TLNuA-1adBI/AAAAAAAAAko/J2oVQwGyOnA/s902/DSC_0053.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frets 18-21 Not Included

    Oh boy, pick a direction! No pickup selector switch either? Unless one of those knobs... This wouldn't be bad for just pounding out the chords but difficult to picture doing any lead work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the first knob is actually a rotary selector. and since it's an Egmond, it doesn't have a truss-rod!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suppose one would have to give each a try individually, but without a truss-rod ( are we talking wall decor here? ) Looks to have an exposed anchor screw right through the fingerboard.

      Trem + No truss = Trouble!

      Delete
    2. It has what looks like a truss rod cover or is that just decorative?

      Delete
    3. well observed - but I cannot tell...

      Delete
  5. I think the "glitter khaki green" finish is supposed to be gold.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis