Tuesday 28 August 2007

Sixx Called Church To Say The Devil Had His Guitar: Motley Crue rocker Nikki Sixx once called a church minister, whose bass guitar he had recently purchased, to let him know the Devil had bought the instrument. Sixx was a drug addict and lived a legendarily hedonistic existence at the time of the incident in the late 1980s. He recalls, "I bought this (guitar) for $1,100 in Nashville in 1989. I took the neck off and there was a phone number written down. "I called, and it was a church and I said, 'Hi, I bought the '59 P Bass.' And they said, 'Who's this?' I said, 'Well, I'd just like to let you know that the Devil bought your bass.' They hung up."

As Captain Mainwaring would say, "Stupid boy".

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis