Friday 4 July 2008

Minimalist Bass Guitar - Underwater Bass?

Stainless Steel Tube Fretless BassThis custom stainless steel headless fretless bass certainly looks very intriguing. I wonder how well it would play, each string having its own tubular "fingerboard". I wonder how well it would handle string bends.

The seller also claims that this is "the only bass you can play under water", but doesn't elaborate as to how exactly this is achieved.

I'm reminded of the minimalist Gittler guitars that were also constructed from stainless steel tubes and resembled a cross between a television aerial and a fish skeleton. I actually got a chance to play one of these way back in the days when we used to have the British Music Fair. It was a weird playing experience, especially with the lack of a neck as such, but I quite liked it.

[Thanks to KC who recommended that I check out this bass on eBay. Content suggestion for this blog is always welcome, so don't be shy, get in touch. I'd also like to feature more readers' own guitars, but would prefer unique instruments, interesting customizations and self-builds. Please, no bog standard Strats, Teles, Les Pauls, etc.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis