Saturday 17 September 2011

Telemaster - Telecaster/Jazzmaster hybrid guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:

Thomas writes:
I have a guitar that's a little weird, maybe even weird enough for your blog. It's a Telecaster/Jazzmaster hybrid, I built it myself (from parts). It has a swamp ash body with nitro paint job, a solid rosewood neck, Kluson lockhead machines, pickups by David Barfuss (the neck PU is a Fender Wide Range Humbucker-inspired design), a Fender bridge with compensated saddles by Wilkinson, and Fender Jazz Bass knobs. The guitar sounds phenomenal, and I'm very proud of it, obviously. What do you think?

Regards,
Thomas
Ah yes, don't these "Telemaster" guitars have something of a cult following? I've seen a number of variations on this theme on builder's forums, and I believe the Fender Custom Shop have produced the occasional example. Anyway, I reckon it looks to be a mighty fine guitar, Thomas, thanks for allowing us to show it here.

G L Wilson

© 2011, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis