Sunday 2 September 2012

1976 Mosrite Bicentennial acoustic guitar ... + speaking of anniversaries...

guitarz.blogspot.com:
We don't normally associate Mosrite with acoustic guitars, but this Mosrite Bicentennial edition from 1976 proves that they did indeed produce such guitars. For those outside of the USA, that's America's bicentennial being celebrated, not Mosrite's own! The headstock shape on this guitar is interesting too, and is a departure from the shape with the M cutout that we expect to see on a Mosrite guitar.

Anyway, speaking of anniversaries, I've managed to miss ours again! Indeed, last Tuesday was the 10th Anniversary of the Guitarz blog - the world's first and longest running guitar blog! I had earlier in the year planned on making the announcement with quite a fanfare, giveaways, competitions, etc etc, but the brutal truth of the situation is that I am absolutely broke and simply can't afford the extravagance. I had hoped to produce a Guitarz calendar for 2013 too, but again I really can't afford to do so. Sorry for the sob story... All I can promise is that I hope and fullt intend to continue bringing you a daily dose of weird and wonderful guitars for as long as I am able.

G L Wilson

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - 10 years and counting!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 10-year anniversary! It's rare that any website should have such longevity, let alone a blog run as a "passion project" by people who receive no financial remuneration for their efforts. I don't remember the average lifespan of most blogs, but it tends to be something measured in number of posts, maybe weeks. Occasionally a blog will run for a few months. Very rarely can it sustain itself for years. And when one takes into account the quality of content offered by Guitarz, it's even more astounding that you keep the blog going, day after day, for no reason other that that you feel drawn to do so.

    I just wanted to take a moment to say that I'm very grateful for the effort that you all put in. G.L Wilson, Bertram, David; I enjoy reading your differing thoughts and opinion regarding this wonderful instrument which enriches all our lives. I may not always share your opinions, and many of the guitars featured on this site are not to my aesthetic tastes, but the differences and quirks of the instruments featured, and our feelings about them, are a really valuable contribution to the global culture of the guitar.

    Thank you for making a blog that is so unique and compelling (as well as regularly-updated!) that I visit it almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Joe! I can't imagine what life would be like without my daily Guitarz fix! Rock onward GL & Betram!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 years!!! Bravo!!! Thanks to GL for creating and running the best guitar blog of the blogosphere !!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis