Wednesday 22 May 2013

1960s Japanese-made Guyatone Victoria: one to turn heads with!

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Here's a magnificent example of a seldom seen Guyatone Victoria currently listed on eBay. Here at Guitarz we first looked at this model guitar back in September 2010.

It's a 1960s-era Japanese-made guitar, has quite a unique shape, lashings of chrome and an intriguing pickup selector system: a rotary control pot with positions for Off/Low/Mix/High and a Solo/Rhythm switch. Quite how these function in conjunction to control the three pickups, I could only hazard a guess. It's good also to see that the tremolo appears to be all present and correct. All in all, the guitar appears to be in remarkable condition for an instrument that is around 50 years old.

Currently listed on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $650.

Thanks to Steve C for bringing this guitar to my attention.

G L Wilson

© 2013, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

8 comments:

  1. And if you drop you keys down the grate, you can use that handle to retrieve them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know for the keys but the way the necks joins the body is very unusual.Has it got a trussrod?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No it does not. It has a steel reinforced neck. I bought one out of St Paul a while back and had to get it repitched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine has been modified to where I don't have the rotary control, but has a kill switch instead. Also, there are stickers on the headstock that say, "Victoria" and "Steel reinforced neck".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just picked on up and its a cool guitar but she needs a little live to get her back in shape . I would sell it to someone who should make her be what she can be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just picked on up and its a cool guitar but she needs a little live to get her back in shape . I would sell it to someone who should make her be what she can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just picked one up . Didn't know what it was but I new it was special.. she need a little love but everything is correct to it from what I now have found out about it . I would let her go to someone that would do it justice. Hit me up if interested

    ReplyDelete
  8. really cool! but not made by Guyatone

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis