Friday 12 May 2017

Rare Takamine Guitar and Bass combo from the 1980s

guitarz.blogspot.com:









Poor Takamine ( circa 1985 ).

After a long run of acoustic guitar success in the 1970s and early 1980s they found themselves losing a lot of ground once the mid 80s were in full bloom and hair bands ruled the land.

They had to do something.

I'm not defending Takamine for coming up with these Takamine Guitars and Basses , in fact there is a lot to like about them.
Even though it's not something that I'd usually appreciate, I find I'm a fan of the black with red combo ( See my most recent boot purchase ). I also do not totally hate the body shape on these. They're much more subtle than this Takamine, obviously from the same era.

The seller is looking for trades and I'm sure this would be a great addition to the right collection.

R.W. Haller


© 2016, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

7 comments:

  1. I bought one of those Takamine GX100 Explorer-ish models in 1984, paid...$249US, iirc. Perfectly serviceable guitar, if somewhat generic-sounding; excellent value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. Hard to find one let alone a pair. Hope they go to a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully these ended up in my collection where they belong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever thought about publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites? I have a post based on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail. second hand musical instruments australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ gửi hàng đi hàn, gửi hàng đi đức cũng như dịch vụ gửi hàng đi úc, gửi hàng đi canada cũng như dịch vụ gửi hàng đi nhật uy tín.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ gửi hàng đi nga, gửi hàng đi úc, dịch vụ gửi hàng đi canada và dịch vụ gửi hàng đi đức cũng như dịch vụ vận chuyển gửi hàng đi campuchia uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis