Saturday 24 August 2013

Century custom acoustic guitar, allegedly built as a wall hanger

guitarz.blogspot.com:
This guitar, currently listed on eBay, was allegedly:
ordered and designed as a wall hanger, for a wealthy man who gave the rep Taylor specs to build his one of a kind dream guitar
Built by Century Guitars, you'd be forgiven for not realising that it was built to Taylor specs what with all the bling on display: witness that octagonal soundhole and the lashings of pearloid material. That has to be the thickest piece of binding I have ever seen on a guitar! Note how the string anchors are spread out behind the bridge saddle - I think they must have been inspired by Babicz Guitars here.

It's too ostentatious for my own tastes, I prefer my acoustics to be good honest workhorses. I'm more interested in how they play rather than how they look, but then again this is a very visual blog and so this guitar is well at home on Guitarz.

Currently listed on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $2999.

G L Wilson

© 2013, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Sir,

    I own (as a gift) a "Century" cg-570 acoustic hand-made guitar (in a very good condition) and have no idea how much would it cost. I would be grateful to you, if you could indicate (in case you know) how much such a guitar would cost. Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this guitar still available? I have been trying to contact the Century company in Ohio with no answer

      Delete
  2. I have a similar looking guitar and was wondering if anyone had any information on it. here is a link to a picture of it
    http://imgur.com/t9fMUDH
    Thank you everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it is very similar, isn't it? Sorry, but I don't know much about Century...

      Delete
    2. It is quite similar. Thanks for taking time to check it out though! I couldn't find anything out about it on the internet except there is one on ebay right now going for $2,400 with the same story on here. Wealthy man.. wall hanger.... yada yada. but i'm just curious if anyone else could give me anything else! :) thanks

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis