Tuesday 6 January 2015

Ibanez model ATDS10NT flat top acoustic guitar with tremolo

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Although uncommon, I have seen acoustic guitars equipped with tremolo arms before now, or should I say "vibratos" because as far as I can recall these have exclusively been arched-top acoustics equipped with Bigsby vibratos. This Japanese-made Ibanez model ATDS10NT circa 1983 is something else, as it has what appears to be a tremolo-arm mounted into an electric-style floating bridge, which is allegedly "fully functioning".

This item sold on eBay recently for US $599.

G L Wilson

© 2014, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

6 comments:

  1. I remember reading about this in a guitar magazine years ago, but I could never find any actual evidence of its existence. This site is the greatest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect there has to be some serious re-enforcement to make this work which that bar visible in the soundhole is part of. I can't imagine this is a very good sounding guitar acoustically but great fun plugged in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would be cool if they brought these back into production.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this on an acoustic before. I wonder if they stay in tune?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHERE CAN THIS GUITAR BE PURCHASED?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anyone know where this guitar could be purchased?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis