Sunday 29 March 2015

Rayner Guitar from the 1960s. Not made in Japan?

guitarz.blogspot.com:





There is very little information in the listing for this Rayner guitar. Just a phone number. I thought perhaps it was a lazy seller, but found that there is not a lot of information about these guitars. My first thought was that it was a Kawai with a different name but in some searching i found that it was quite possibly built in Ireland by Statsford.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

No matter the origins I love the look of this hollow-body beauty. I feel I've seen a similar shape in another guitar, but cannot quite place it. 

Perhaps it was just a wonderful dream.

R.W. Haller



© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

5 comments:

  1. I'd say Kawaii. That emblem is also seen on Kent instruments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pagelli does some similar shapes:

    http://thehandmadeguitar.com/custom-guitar/gallery/eg_ratocaster_vorne_g.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a Martin GT 75 replica. I'm still trying to figure out if it's Irish or Japanese... not much info on it at all really. I thought these internets were supposed to know everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely looks like a Kawai, and I don't see why someone copying a Martin guitar would pretend to be Kawai copying a Martin. Kawai made multiple brands but they tended to have that inlay design on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the exact same guitar I bought for $20 from a friend when I was 14. From working on the pickup I've found bits of old Japanese newspaper inside the body, leading me to believe it's Japanese. Sounds amazing though once I got the pickup fixed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis