Monday 9 March 2015

Alvarez-Yairi FY-95 Acoustic Guitar with direct coupled bridge

guitarz.blogspot.com:







We've seen Alvarez guitars here on Guitarz before. Remember the Dana Scoop?

I'm always a fan of wacky ideas. Sometimes they amount to nothing more than gimmick, other times they can be revolutionary. I like that people keep thinking and pushing forward

I have to admit that the coupled bridge on this Alvarez-Yairi is very intriguing to me. I've never played one so i cannot speak to it's quality. I suspect that since Kazou Yairi's name is attached it must be of some level of quality. I have repaired a number of lifted bridges in my time so I can see an immediate advantage.

Has anyone played one before? How was it?

R.W. Haller






© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.


3 comments:

  1. What is the advantage? It looks like there are no bridge pins and that would be a big advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has pins El Rondo, but they go into the top of the guitar itself in a wood insert. Thus the pins are not a part of the bridge so there would be no pulling up on the bridge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis