Saturday 6 February 2016

Epiphone Mo'Baby. A travel sized version of the Gibson Moderne

guitarz.blogspot.com:






I've always regarded the Gibson Moderne as an important piece of guitar history and Gibson lore. From it's early days as a Gibson that basically didn't really exist, to the reissues with varying headstock designs, it certainly holds a place in the pantheon of electric guitar. 

But, I don't really like it. 

Here we have another reissue under the Epiphone flag that turns the Moderne into a smaller travel sized offering. This somehow makes more sense to me as a concept even if branding it "Mo'Baby" is a tad ridiculous.

I wonder if there is the option of keeping the built in speaker on while playing through an outboard amp as well. And if it would offer any string response or feedback to do so. Has anyone tried this wit speaker equipped electric guitars?

R.W. Haller


© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11

Please read our photo and content policy.


11 comments:

  1. Great post. This is wonderful collection of electric guitar. You can buy best electric guitar online from Musikshack. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:59 am

    Gustavo Woltmann loves guitar. Gustavo Woltmann thinks that we should start a band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big Guitar Freak, I love guitars, have a big collection and still looking to get more. Basically, I love acoustic Guitars. Check This Site for Acoustic Guitars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's happening with this blog? It's over a month since the last post...I'm missing my fix of guitar weirdness :^(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like it either, I want to because it is unique and Gibson. But just can't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I like the blog. I work for World Music Supply. Check us out at https://www.worldmusicsupply.com/electric-guitars then give me a call. I have an opportunity for you. Just ask for Josh when you call.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting little thing. Not really my style but I have to say the headstock is pretty funky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey a pocket sized Moderne. You could take that speaker out and put a nice pint glass in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a month guys ... how about a new post?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one. I love the design of this guitar. Check out my blog about guitar also: http://thebestbeginnerguitar.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting little thing :)

    Park

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis