Wednesday 21 April 2010

Steelphon guitar from 1960s Italy (at a guess)

guitarz.blogspot.com:
I'm afraid don't know anything about this Steelphon guitar currently being offered for sale on eBay. In fact, the Steelphon brand is one that is unfamiliar to me, although a quick search on the name shows they were better known for amps. FetishGuitars.com has a photo of a Steephon Tiger amp which it says was made in Turin, Italy, and so I think it would be a reasonable guess that the guitar is also Italian-made.

I don't think this one is going to sell for big bucks, although one thing that would put me off as a buyer is the missing bridge saddle for the B-string. It could be near impossible finding a replacement, and might just be easier to replace the whole bridge.

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis