Tuesday 4 March 2014

David Plumb ergonomic acoustic guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:
I find myself strangely fascinated by this strangely-shaped ergonomic acoustic guitar by luthier David Plumb. I think I tire of seeing cookie-cutter electro-acoustics with cutaways. And hey, if you're going to do asymmetrical you may as well do so without resorting to cliché. But the unusual potato design makes sense, giving plenty of upper arm support for the right arm, whilst being shaped to more easily facilitate a more comfortable playing position with the neck pointed upwards on the diagonal. Tonewise, Plumb claims it sounds like a Martin D-16 with less bass.

Currently listed on eBay with a Buy It Now price of US $2,400.

G L Wilson

© 2014, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

3 comments:

  1. OK, personal opinion: Ergonomic = Ugly. Guitars are ergonomic to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I find uncomfortable about acoustic guitars is the forearm part. Gives me terrible shoulder ache so this wouldn't be any different. I recently went for a Parlour size and get on much better with that. And no I don't have short arms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the photos - interesting shape. I am not sure I would want one though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis