Monday 24 March 2014

Greco BR600 Brawler 1970s vintage Japanese-made electric guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Here's a Greco BR600 Brawler, a late 1970s Japanese-made guitar that I am totally unfamiliar with. Made by FujuGen Gakki, it's quite possible this model was intended for the Japanese home market only. Unlike many other Japanese guitars of this era - certainly those that they exported to the West - it isn't a copy of any pre-existing guitar model, although to my eyes it does seem to have a Rickenbacker-like quality to the design. The body is made of ash with a top of white sycamore (great maple), the neck is maple with a rosewood fingerboard, and the guitar features a 24-fret neck, two single coil pickups and a top mounted vibrato.

Currently being auctioned on eBay with a starting price of US $799.99.

G L Wilson

© 2014, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

7 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful guitar! The fact that it was built well over 30 years ago and still looks classy and contemporary is a tribute to its designer. I would love to hear what it sounds like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi G L Wilson

    I've been trying to reach you about a guitar that I built. I was wondering that maybe you'd like to feature it on here? I've been following your blog for a while now and I must say, it's become my absolute favorite! Your posts are always very entertaining. If you're interested in featuring my guitar, write to me at: eyriq_pogowlszko@yahoo.com

    I can send you pictures of the entire guitar. I can also provide information on how I built it. Look forward to hearing from you. I also wrote to you on your Facebook page. Just so you know.

    Have a good one,
    Mario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Mario - the Facebook page is more or less automated - it just copies the posts from here - so I don't always check it that frequently. The guitar looks interesting. I'm always keen to feature posts about unusual guitars belonging to readers, especially when they have made or customised the guitar themselves. You can email me at gavinlloydwilson@yahoo.com

      Delete
  3. I love the Jazzmaster style logo on a guitar that otherwise has absolutely no other similarities to a Fender offset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Headstock very much like an Ibanez Roadster or a Fender Starcaster, original body BUT how do this kind of vibrato (should I say tremolo) operates and does it keep in tune. The fact that the bridge is like "supended" over the table does it mean that the sound is weak and dull?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a 1970 Greco rockabilly. For sale.350.00 very beautiful. Must sell to pay for daughter funeral

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a 1970 Greco rockabilly. For sale.350.00 very beautiful. Must sell to pay for daughter funeral

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis