Wednesday 26 March 2014

Dean ML Bass - Vintage 1981 Made in USA

guitarz.blogspot.com:
The Dean ML design is a hybrid between Gibson's Explorer and Flying V models. I've never been too struck by the shape of it until I saw this original American-made Dean ML bass from 1981. I guess some designs work better on a bass than on a guitar (and vice versa). Note the ubiquitous (for the period) DiMarzio pickups. This is a bass that makes quite a statement; I wish I was rock'n'roll enough to be able to carry off something like this!

Currently listed on eBay with a Buy It Now price of US $1,349. (Note, headstock has been repaired).

G L Wilson

© 2014, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:45 am

    Hah! I envision adding a symmetrical upper horn... It would then be "X" shaped, and fall just short of an ironic commentary on the "pointist" school of luthierie. :)

    The feel woul move from being "rock'n'roll enough", to being FUNKAY in the Bootsy school!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis