Monday 16 November 2015

Suzuki Three S AD213S. My $30 Martin

guitarz.blogspot.com:





I picked up this Suzuki Three S when we decided to slightly renovate our living room. The wall mount guitar holders came down and I would be using a floor stand again. With 2 young kids and a blind dog in the house, the thought of my Lowden getting knocked over was not a pleasing one. So I looked for a guitar that i could fix up, play, and not care if it hit the floor every once in a while.

The problem with that now is that this $30 "beater" is now one of my favourite guitars. I had to reattach bridge, glue the fretboard and a brace, and cut a new nut. It's from 1980 according to my research and the solid spruce top has aged sweetly. I added a pickguard and put in a $30 pickup.

Also note the obligatory headstock cigarette burn. 

R.W. Haller

© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11
Please read our photo and content policy.



2 comments:

  1. Here's to our favorite guitars, the uncollectible ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is absolutely nothing like that moment when you put the final touches on that super low cost beater guitar, string it up and tune it, and find out it is has some strange magic inside. I've had the pleasure of refurbishing many a Salvation Army special, and it's such a blast when one of those guitars turns out to be rrrreallly special...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis