Tuesday 1 May 2018

The Piglet guitar build project, part 7

guitarz.blogspot.com:
After much filling in and sanding, on Sunday I thought I was ready to begin spray painting.

However, no sooner had I attached a piece of wood into the neck pocket to act as a handle and something to hang the guitar body from while spray painting, than I noticed a deep saw line on the side of the body near the neck pocket which I had somehow missed (see above photo).

I had to fill it in with woodfiller and sand it back three times before I was happy with the smoothness of that area, but at last today - a couple of days later than intended - I was ready to begin spray painting.

 I'm using rattle cans for the whole finishing process, beginning here with a white primer.

First coat done, front and back. Having let it dry I noticed that the initial coat had brought up the grain in the plywood forming both front and back, so I sanded the whole thing again until getting a silky smooth finish and after cleaning away the dust I have re-sprayed.

We'll see what it looks like in the morning.

G L Wilson

© 2018, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis