Thursday 17 March 2011

Unknown Teardrop guitar - not a Vox as far as we know

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Here's yet another one for all you guitar detectives:
Hi Gavin,

I bought a lovely vintage teardrop guitar off of ebay, but am struggling to find the manufacturer of it... It's likely Kawai or Teisco, but I can't find a similar/same one online in Google searches. Usually the selector switches/plate are what doesn't match. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Bobby
Hey Bobby, any chance of a look at the headstock? Also, is there any indication of where it was made, like a stamped neckplate saying "Made in Japan"?

My guess would be it was made in Japan, and I think I'd incline more towards Kawai than Teisco, but I have to confess that I really don't know. Perhaps other readers may have some better ideas.

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:07 pm

    hi,i have the same guitar,...the headstock is vox shape ...with natural finish and nothing wrote on it..
    the guitar looks great and the sound is amazing.....i could sell it if someone is interested cause i have too much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be interested in this guitar.

      Delete
    2. I am interested in buying this guitar

      Delete
  2. Not sure if I would rule out a korean maker..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis