Friday 11 May 2012

Auerswald Instruments Viva - German design, luthiery and engineering a mere snip at $10,000

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Here's a guitar from a maker which we are not used to seeing turning up on eBay with any kind of frequency. It's an Auerswald Instruments Viva, numbered 12 in a very limited series.

Auerswald guitars and basses are boutique instruments handcrafted in Germany by Jerry Auerswald, and used by the rich and famous, people like Prince, U2's Adam Clayton, and Chico Hablas ("Who?" you may ask. I've tried finding out more about him myself, for he played one of my favourite ever guitar solos on the song "Desire" by Yello - other than his work for Yello I know nothing about the man).

This particular Auerswald guitar looks positively normal alongside some of their other designs (see for yourself at www.auerswald-instruments.com). Note the use of proprietary hardware rather than the same generic parts seen on, well, just about everything these days - and with a price tag when new of approx $40,000, I should think so too! However, you could snap up this particular example for a fraction of that price, as this guitar is currently listed on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $10,000.

G L Wilson

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

2 comments:

  1. That is the ultimate shredding machine, by the folks who brought you WW2

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the kind of guitar that makes me want to sell out my principles and become a geologist for that sweet sweet oil money. Because that thing looks sick.

    I got to play a few Benedettos when I worked for a Big-Box-Guitar-Store-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, and I have to say, this caliber of instrument makes even the nicest mass-produced guitar look like a kid's toy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis