Thursday 24 May 2012

One-off Rickenbacker 481/12 Walnut twelve-string electric

guitarz.blogspot.com:  


AS far as I was aware Rickenbacker do not offer one-off or custom shop versions of their guitars and basses, but here we have a factory one-off Rickenbacker 481/12 in a stunning walnut finish, made in August 2011. I guess it's some kind of prototype or experimental model. It has a "bass shape" 4002 body married to a 660/12 neck with unfinished maple fingerboard, and is currently listed on eBay UK with a Buy It Now price of £3,995.

G L Wilson

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

3 comments:

  1. Now that I really like... sadly that price is a little on the extravagant side for something I'd only use on a few things :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. are my eyes going crazy, or are those pearl block inlays on a maple fretboard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert - I thought that was just flare off the polished frets, but on closer inspection it does look like 3rd, 5th, 7th frets etc, are slightly lighter.... subtle !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis