Friday 3 August 2012

1939 Epiphone Olympic


The good thing with posting about a pre-Gibson Epiphone Olympic archtop is that you hardly have to add anything - everything has been said and contemplation is all that is needed (in my humbleness I don't even consider ever playing on such a beauty). 

I can still point at the floating Kent pickup that was added probably in the 1960s - if I'm not wrong Kent was a Japanese company producing DeArmond-like jazz pickups in the 1960s (note how the pickguard was modified to instal it). 

Bertram D


© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

3 comments:

  1. Really were bound & determined not to drill into the body weren't they? I know Rube Goldberg would be proud! Like Laws and Sausage, just glad I wasn't there when this was being made.

    One wouldn't need the manic style of say a Townshend for that elongated mounting bar/bracket/tube for it to get banged and rattled about. I realize most ragtime/shuffle players pick and strum over the frets so to speak but there HAD to be an easier way..? In the end, it's a guitar, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ssssssshhhhh... Don't mention the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oups, it didn't even come to my mind... sorry for all the londoners !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis