Sunday 14 July 2013

Jef shows us his self-built Thinline

guitarz.blogspot.com:


Here's an email I received this morning:
My name is Jef, I live in south west of France, near Toulouse. Here are some pictures of a guitar that I made with many parts recovered: neck, pickups, Japanese (Teisco?) I think. The "hand-made"body (sort of "thinline") is made of plywood (I assume!), the neck being in poor condition, so I began my first refrettage and a first attempt, it's not so bad ...

There's also a cheap "badass wraparound" find on ebay, and copies of Kluson tuners...

She's not very easy to play, but it's my guitar!

Thanks for your great blog...and sorry for my bad english....

Jef
Thanks for sharing with us. We always like to see readers' original guitars. That's quite a classic look you've got there. It has a vintage Kay/Danelectro vibe but with the modern twist of an upsidedown headstock.

G L Wilson

© 2013, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

3 comments:

  1. Jef, good job I like it a lot. There's something about playing your own guitar. I have some really nice ones but with one or two exceptions I play ones I built or rebuilt myself. Keep up the good work.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice color-- it reminds me of an old car from the 1940s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for comments...When I had the idea to make this guitar, I first thought of a Danelectro, then a Duesenberg, and for the color the same as a chevrolet bel air...So as we say in France "tonight the King is not my cousin" I really appreciated your compliments...And i agree:playing my own guitar is always a pleasure

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis