Wednesday 10 July 2013

Eko 8 and 12-string solidbody electric mandos from Italy

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Currently being auctioned on eBay UK are an Eko solidbody 8-string mandolin and an Eko solidbody 12-string mandolin. The latter is essentially an octave 12-string guitar (I used to have one myself), almost certainly influenced by the now legendary Vox Mando Guitar, and usually tuned a whole octave above (modern) 12-string guitar tuning.

I'll let you know what these Eko mandos fetch on eBay when the auctions end.

G L Wilson

© 2013, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

4 comments:

  1. I'm afraid my fingers are far too sausage-like to ever play that 12-string. Probably sounds cool, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a similar problem with these tightly-positioned frets. Best leave the mandos to those with small hands/slender fingers, I think.

      Delete
  2. I like the 12-stringer. I would actually prefer the Mandotar, but that might be on aesthetic grounds. I wonder: would the humbucker sound to muddy, or would the single-coil sound too shrill?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a Maton Ibis!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis