Thursday 3 April 2008

Japanese Vintage: Kawai Moonsault Guitar

Kawai Moonsault
Kawai Moonsault
It might sport a totally impractical body shape, but to my eyes this 1980s Japanese Kawai Moonsault is a thing of beauty. Despite the obvious shape difference, it has a Les Paul quality to it. Look at that binding, the pearloid inlays, and my favourite feature: the phase of the moon fingerboard inlays. I also love the silverburst finish, which is infinitely preferable to yellow which makes the guitar resemble a banana.

On another topic, I'm taking a break over the next week or so, so don't expect a plethora of new posts. I may try to post something whilst I'm away - it all depends on how busy I am. Regular blog posts should begin again on 14 April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis