Monday 24 May 2010

Meet Kevin Chisholm

St. Patrick's Day 1978 is a day that I'll never forget; that was my first "Official" guitar lesson. While I had been tinkering with the instrument for a year or two at that point, this Saturday afternoon was the day that I had my first lesson and I don't remember thinking about too much else since then.

If I had to sum myself up as a guitarist, I'd say that I have at times been more obsessed with taking guitars apart than playing them. I do love to play, and have spent a bit of time roaming the world with various Blues / R&B / Soul acts. But while not on stage, I can often be found hovering over a telecaster with its guts out, soldering iron spewing resin in my eyes, a bag full of pickups to my left, a pack of Marlboro Reds to my right, some crappy re-run on the television and a big smile on my face.

I do a great deal of writing for BestCovery.com, HumbuckerSoup and AllExperts.com. Samples of my playing can be found on my MySpace page, as well as some photos from the road.

I am honored to have the opportunity to write for Guitarzblog and hope that you will enjoy my posts.

I can be reached at: kevin212@pobox.com

Kevin Chisholm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis