Sunday 9 May 2010

Hoyer semi-hollow with walnut top

Hoyer walnut

The central beam of this ES-335-like mid-80s Hoyer ends in a short point, something unusual for this kind of semi-hollow guitars that ordinarily tend to be as uncreative as possible! The other noticeable feature is its beautiful walnut top that makes it quite a guitar...

BTW today on a flea market I saw an overly cool Daion Headhunter - a high end rare 80s Matsumoku ES-335 variation with a curve where this Hoyer has a point... But the seller knew well its value, that is far more than what I could afford, so I walked away, with my heart bleeding, but I didn't cry (I'll post about this guitar when the opportunity comes).

bertram

  Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis