Ted Crocker, maker of cigar box guitars, rustic guitars, Stonehenge pickups and The Honeydripper guitar from the film of the same name. Here we see the Ted Crocker Six Banger guitar, designed in conjunction with guitarist Shane Speal to be a "blues axes with late 1940s/early 1950s charm".
Excuse me while I borrow from the guitar's listing on eBay:
- Solid mahogany body with absolutely gorgeous grain (see pictures of the back for stunning woodgrain).
- Hand rubbed linseed oil finish. 8 coats.
- Wraparound Les Paul Jr. type tailpiece for increased sustain.
- Underwound handmade pickup in the neck position for a more snarling slide tone. We compared outputs of Harmony Stratotone pickups when designing this. Our goal was to get a tone meaner than Hound Dog Taylor!
- Bolt-on neck that has been carefully stained and aged.
- Leather covered headstock with Ted Crocker's signature branded into the leather. The headstock cutaway matches the body cutaway.
- Handmade wood knobs.
- Medium action - perfect for fretting or slide playing.
Currently for sale on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $650.
G L Wilson
Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!