Sunday, 20 February 2011

Prestige-branded 1960s Japanese 4-pickup solidbody

guitarz.blogspot.com:
I find that this 1960s Prestige 4-pickup guitar bugs me a little, for try as I might, I can't think we're I've seen this guitar before - most likely with a different brand name. I may even have blogged about it before, although I've not turned up anything similar in a search through the archives. I've certainly seen those pickups before; they seemed to be on just about everything guitar-wise coming out of Japan for a period. It reminds me of those guitars we used to have for sale in Wolworths here in the UK, badged with the Top 10 and Top 20 brands. I believe those were made by Teisco; maybe this is too - even though, having said that, any "unknown" Japanese guitar usually ends up with Teisco being given the credit.

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

1 comment:

  1. Have you found out any more about this guitar? I recently acquired an acoustic 3/4 size guitar with the same Prestige logo on the headstock. I don't know anything about guitars and google isn't much help. Your photo is the first I've seen with that same logo. Any info would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis