Sunday 20 February 2011

Prestige-branded 1960s Japanese 4-pickup solidbody

guitarz.blogspot.com:
I find that this 1960s Prestige 4-pickup guitar bugs me a little, for try as I might, I can't think we're I've seen this guitar before - most likely with a different brand name. I may even have blogged about it before, although I've not turned up anything similar in a search through the archives. I've certainly seen those pickups before; they seemed to be on just about everything guitar-wise coming out of Japan for a period. It reminds me of those guitars we used to have for sale in Wolworths here in the UK, badged with the Top 10 and Top 20 brands. I believe those were made by Teisco; maybe this is too - even though, having said that, any "unknown" Japanese guitar usually ends up with Teisco being given the credit.

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

1 comment:

  1. I used to own one of those. I bought it in the early 70s from a base exchange at Whiteman AFB. It was my first electric guitar. Later I sold it off in college in the early 80s. Wish I'd kept it. But indeed, "Prestige" was the only branding that I ever associated with it. Mine had the same sticker on the headstock and that was it. The guy I sold it to had his dog chew up the headstock, so I imagine mine ended up with a sad demise.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis