Tuesday 18 October 2011

Holy unknown Chinese-made guitar, Batman!

Eric with the Bat guitar. Do  you think there
might be a theme going on here?
guitarz.blogspot.com:

ERiC AiXeLsyD writes:

Hello,

I was wondering if you guys would be able to help in tracking down the origin of this prize-guitar from Six Flags? I purchased mine on ebay a while ago, actually thanks to a commenter on your Superman logo guitar post. I waited until I saw one at a more reasonable price, as I had to have it due to being a huge Batman fan and to sheer goofiness. (I have started a rather odd collection.)

I really enjoy reading the Guitarz blog, and am amazed at the knowledge people seem to bring forth. All I know about this guitar is that it was apparently a prize at Six Flags. I have seen others online... different guitars, same concept (I've seen a V-shape and a Jackson/Ibanez 80s-looking one). They seem to go for around $75 or so if purchased at the parks.

Mine came with 1 extra string (looked like the high E), two allen keys, and a ridiculously oversized really thin red plastic pick.

All I know about it is from the text stamped on the back:
SIX FLAGS, INC.
GRAND PRAIRIE, TX 75050
MADE IN CHINA
BATMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.
(s11)
11-04
Is the s11 possibly a serial number? Maybe the model number? Is 11-04 a manufacturing date?

Is there a guitar manufacturer in China like the fabled Un-Sung/Silverstar factory in Korea that pumps out Galveston & possibly a slew of other brands?

Could this be a Cort? Why would anyone make a guitar and not put a logo on the headstock? Ha ha. I'd at least put a Batman logo, the DC comics logo, or a Six Flags logo there.

I had a guy at a local shop put in a new nut... what I thought was a lopsided nut was actually crooked and lopsided, so it needed replacing and a setup and it plays really well now, especially considering the low price-tag. Next it's getting a new pickup, and maybe some sort of homemade logo for the headstock!

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Rock on!
-Eric

© 2011, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

2 comments:

  1. I have a superman logo guitar with the same numbers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Stratocaster style 6 Flags Batman guitar with the same number on the back and zip code. So it must be the promotional code of maybe how many made?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis