Tuesday 3 July 2012

Incredible 35-string electric harp guitar by Slovenian luthier Marko Lipovšek

guitarz.blogspot.com:  
I don't think I'd care to be the one to hang this behemoth on a strap around my shoulders, but have to admit that it's an incredible piece of sculpture. Made by Slovenian luthier Marko Lipovšek, this one-of-a-kind 35-string harp guitar with three sets of strings has been sculpted from Slovenian White Maple, ebony, and Slovenian black walnut.

This guitar is currently being offered for sale by a Canadian seller on Etsy.com and is priced at $15,000.00 Canadian Dollars.

G L Wilson

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like something from an Star Trek episode or something :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see it played...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's incredible is the price. Don't get me wrong It is an amazing looking creation and I like it a lot but nearly 10,000 quid! how can that be justified especially as all of the hardware looks off the shelf stuff to me. plus nearly a thousand pounds to ship it! I presume that's so the seller can bring it himself and have a holiday at the same time! Jesus for that I would want it to play itself! Stuff like this makes me angry can you tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Note that the seller on Etsy is NOT the guy who made the guitar.

      Delete
    2. Yes I was aware of that.

      Delete
  4. It is an amazing piece of sculpture, and it actually reminds me more of a baroque lute than a guitar. I wonder if it sounds any good...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis