Tuesday 10 July 2012

The Mini-Me version of the Gretsch Electromatic Bo Diddley guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:


When I saw the Buy It Now price on this Gretsch Electromatic Bo Diddley guitar currently listed on eBay I did a double take, for $224.99 seems very reasonable for a Gretsch guitar. My next reaction was that it must be a copy or counterfeit. But then I looked more closely at the photographs and read in the item description that it has a 21 1/2" scale length, and I realized that this is not the regular full-size Bo Diddley model. I guess this was designed to suit younger players and those of a smaller stature. It's quite a basic guitar, probably Korean or Chinese-made, with a bolt-on neck and just a single pickup, but as short-scale guitars go it makes a nice change from those mini Fenders or Daisy Rock's earlier (and girlier) guitars.

G L Wilson

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis