Sunday 15 July 2012

Plankaster demo


Since on the Guitar Blog we always speak in the first person - for we are not part of these self-proclaimed experts having valuable and objective point of views on everything guitar-related -, I can today shamelessly post about my very own stuff. 

You may know that once in a while I painfully build a coarse and rudimentary guitar out of a piece of junk wood I picked in the street. My friend David B. who plays guitar for his band the Dirty Primitives asked me to make him a telecaster version that would suit his rough and creative blues style... I let you judge by yourselves if it's of any relevance, but I'm proud of this baby, like any father would be!

Bertram D

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

5 comments:

  1. I've been following your Plankcaster builds on your blog with great interest. I like the concept and the execution. Your friend proves that in the hands of a talented musician beautiful music can had from just basic style instruments. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the guitar, and the tone is absolutely sick. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the pat on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tone is awesome. Is there a reason to have so much interface between the neck and slab? Looks to be from the 15th thru the 21st. I'll have to look but the neck pocket on a standard Strat-style guitar is typically only 2-2 1/2"?

    The only reservation I might have about the design concept overall is I have scores of necks laying about that need re-fretting, straightening etc. Not tons of perfectly serviceable necks "and nothing to bolt them UP to!?" Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the neck's heel requires to be fully in contact so without the horns it does suppress the 6 higher frets - but hey, there's still 5 more than on classical guitars!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis