Friday 20 July 2012

Vantage Entertainer 565 thinline doublecut LP-type guitar by Matsumoku

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Is it any wonder that today Japanese Matsumoku-made guitars have such a dedicated following amongst those in the know so many years after the company ceased production in 1987?

Just look at the quality of this Vantage Entertainer 565 model currently listed on eBay. Obviously, you would need to perform a sound test and to check how playable it was, but if I know Matsumuko-made instruments I can't imagine it would be anything less than fantastic. Personally, I'd prefer to have one of these than a Gibson Les Paul any day.

G L Wilson

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

5 comments:

  1. it looks like it's been an inspiration for the Vox HDC-77 (a really cool guitar, on my want list).

    http://www.voxamps.com/us/guitars/series77/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Vantage LP style guitar. I have to agree with GL that they are generally great. Also, whenever I read "vintage Vantage" in an eBay auction title it makes me giggle just a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely bit of wood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:02 pm

    Reminds me of the Gordon Smith Gypsy SS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't get over how gorgeous this thing is! wish I could afford it...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis