Friday 27 July 2012

Vintage 1960s Japanese Teisco tear-drop guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:
The eBay seller AZ Guitar Worx claims that this vintage no-name tear-drop guitar is a Teisco, and whilst it's not a model I've seen previously, looking at the general construction, pickups and hardware used, I think Teisco is a fair bet; it certainly looks very Japanese. Like the violin bass, the tear-drop guitar is a design that has been pounced on by a myriad of copyists and imitators, although to my mind this one looks much more Kapa Minstrel than Vox tear-drop. Still, it's a very cool guitar; pity the tremolo arm is missing.

Currently listed on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $799.

G L Wilson

© 2012, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 10th year!

3 comments:

  1. I had one like that under the name "Kent" in the late 60's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea what tis is? It`s mine but i don`t know what it is:) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151774177676507&set=pcb.519791454786944&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one in green and black, I must say not in nearly as good of a condition.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis