Friday 7 August 2015

When a Burns isn't a Burns. Japanese made violin-bodied 12 string Burns "copy".

guitarz.blogspot.com:








I found this Japan made Burns guitar while doing one of my regular "Burns Guitar" searches the other day. I'm hesitant to call this a copy as I'm not aware of any Burns guitar that is similar to this model. Has anyone seen one before?

It sold for $127 and I kind of wish it were I who bought it. I'm sure though that it would require quite a bit of work to get playable, so I probably did myself a favour not adding to my list of projects. But I'd sure love to have a 12 string with a tremolo. Imagine the possibilities, the constant tuning would be paramount to heavy lifting finger exercises.

R.W. Haller

© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

2 comments:

  1. Went very cheap, wish I had seen it sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just listed one on ebay with the 'crest' brand name.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis