Wednesday 16 September 2015

Memphis MG-300. Made in Japan neck-through guitar from 1979

guitarz.blogspot.com:








Because I've been away for a bit I was not able to post this beauty while the listing was still active, but this Memphis MG-300 did not sell so it may get re-listed.

This matsumoku made neck-through guitar is yet another fine example of a Japan made hippie-sandwich. It sports maxon pick-ups, a brass nut, and a pinup girl decal that I'd usually not be a fan of. But it does kind of work here.

R.W. Haller


© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful guitar..i love it,.
    "
    bass tunings"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the matching bass. I'm still kicking myself for not buying that same sister guitar when it was hanging right next to it.

    Should I send you some pictures? Mine isn't for sale. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a Memphis Strato-copy with the same wood scheme, Bill Lawrence L-500 XL pickups,& bolt on neck. . I can't find a serial number or any good information on it. The research I've done on Memphis guitars has led me to believe that I have a rare find as most comments on the web say what POS's they were with an average value of $40 or so. I don't think I'd take a grand for this one however, it plays and sounds that good! It's a surprisingly good instrument but I'd like to know more about Memphis Guitars, can you point me in a direction for some reliable information? Thanks for the post if nothing else!
    -J Camel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis