Wednesday 23 September 2015

Specimen Electric 10 String Tiple

guitarz.blogspot.com:




The first time I'd ever heard of a tiple was years ago when a guitar repairman friend of mine showed me a box full of wooden shards and pieces that at one point was a turn of the century Martin Tiple. It had always been in my periphery as an instrument I'd like to try. With two sets of triple course strings and two sets of double course strings it has a bizarre outsider appeal.

I recently acquired a K. Yasuma Martin Tiple copy in a trade deal and have yet to play it. It requires a little work to get going and I just don't have the time these days for my own projects. I'll feature it here someday.

To the Specimen Electric Tiple above. I came across this while doing a little googling and think it would be great to try. I'd heard of Specimen before, mostly from Guitarz, but knew very little about them. This tiple is nice in that it maintains a lot of the acoustic aesthetic, but is an electric. 
You may want to check out their guitars as well.

Very nice Specimen indeed.

R.W. Haller



© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis