Monday 1 June 2009

70s Wilson W-Type


Last week in the comments about the Wilson Sapphire, Andy gave the link to the Watkins Guitar World website - well it's really worth spending time on this website and if like me you didn't know much about this British vintage brand, you'll have the pleasure of a great discovery...

Amongst all the great guitars there, I chose to show the Wilson W-type, with its fluid design disturbed by a just a little bit too pointy florentine cutaway , and lot of metal on the front - that's always nice...

I do like the pickguards shapes on Wilson/Watkins guitars, I think that a good design is always a combination of the guitar shape itself and its subtle modification by the pickguard shape - that's probably why I don't like most "naked" guitars...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis