Tuesday 20 July 2010

Millenium Falcon guitar

guitarz.blogspot.com:

Quite why Star Wars is so enduring to so many people is a complete mystery to me. There. I said it. I do not like Star Wars. I know this may be an almost blasphemous statement to many, but there it is. If Freddie Mercury could say it, then so can I.

There have been Star Wars themed guitars before, most notably from Fernandes (how anyone could play a guitar with, say, a picture of Darth Vader on the body and "Star Wars" emblazoned on the fingerboard whilst on stage without feeling an acute sense of embarrassment I do not know). Here we see a one-off guitar build with a body fashioned out of a Star Wars Millenium Falcon toy.

The body is reinforced inside with maple so that the ageing plastic toy does not implode under string tension. It's all very ingenious and quite impressive if you are into that sort of thing.

But it's not for me.

Read and see more here (via Misha).

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis