Sunday 18 July 2010

Vintage Heit Deluxe Teisco

teisco bizarro





No doubt that as soon as I saw this Heit Deluxe Teisco, it jumped into my eye and I knew that it would be my next post! But there is no information to be found on the Internet about this stunning vintage guitar, so any extra input is welcome!

It has similarities with the famous Hallmark Swept Wing - weirder even... and Heit was one of the many brand names that Teisco used to export their guitars in the US. That's all I can say, but just having looked at this guitar will make today a good day!

bertram

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:28 am

    Thank you for posting this! This article was an inspiration! I have almost no hope of ever finding one of these vintage, so I decided to build my own. The pictures you posted were very helpful.
    I made mine with a flame maple top, over poplar, sunburst finish, maple neck and walnut fretboard. No pickguard. GFS NY II pickups and a Maestro Vibrola. (still doing some wiring + fine-tuning)
    This design is such a wonderful shape. Very well balanced. Thanks again, for turning me on to such a cool design.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd love to see pictures of your creation!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:53 am

      OK, here it is. My take on the 2PL.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/97681534@N00/8483805583/in/photostream

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/97681534@N00/8483819943/in/photostream

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/97681534@N00/8483825655/in/photostream

      Delete
    3. Could I reproduce those in a blog post?

      Delete
    4. Anonymous5:02 pm

      Sure!

      Delete
    5. Anonymous8:49 pm

      This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This one is a f***ng beast! The Tiesco / Heit folks have the best shapes outside of the Tele / Strat / Les Paul / SG world.
    The shape, color, and pickguard (!) just signify action. I know it's a great without even hearing it. The magic zone!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis