Saturday 4 September 2010

Hola from Barcelona

First of all, a big thank you to Gavin and Bertram for inviting me to contribute to Guitarz. I've been sending in odd bits and bobs - mostly from the wonderful Aladdins cave known as eBay - over the months and now it's official. I'm now one of the family. Don't forget my birthday. You know what I want.

In keeping with Guitarz's venerable traditions, I want to kick off with a few Ebay treasures that I've uncovered just this very evening. In case anyone thinks it sad to be blogging (even on Guitarz Blog) on a Saturday night, we are heading out later to catch a live band. Don't fret.
So, where to start?



































OK. A Teisco Tele Star. It looks in great nick, the colour is a superb rich red and it has four pickups and a set of block rocking rocker switches. No! No! No! No! What more could you want from a guitar? The aluminium scratchplate is brutally simple and the headstock has more than a hint of (one my favourite guitars) Microfrets about it. I guess the hole in the tailpiece plate is for a, long lost, tremolo arm. I'd have though it would get in the way of the strings...
According to the seller "This 20 fret, trussrod adjustable, 4 pickup truly awesome rockin' guitar is perfect for both the collector and player". Who am I to disagree?

PS. The link below is my Soundcloud page which has a little about me. One day I'll get a proper blog of my own going.


guitarz.blogspot.com:Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis