Friday 28 June 2013

Sunrise bass by Matsumoku


I couldn't find any information about this beautiful Sunrise bass from the 1980s, but I love it! It combines the typical Matsumoku seriousness and natural finish with a sober but original outline and a light german carve... 

It would look perfect in my grand-mother's dining room - all dark wood - and even better on stage in my hands - it's an extra-long scale bass, just what I need!


Bertram D

© 2013, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

4 comments:

  1. Rather lovely design, with it's slight asymmetry. Looks like it is influenced a bit by Alembic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure this isn't Matsumoku. They usually had three piece necks, and no scarf joint. I looked around, and found this thread.
    http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/146408-sunrise-les-paul-replica-two-gibsons-workers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s on ebay for sale:

    http://www.ebay.de/itm/SUNRISE-E-BASS-MATSUMOKU-JAPAN-NECK-THROUGH-JAZZ-GISBON-EPIPHONE-FENDRE-VINTAGE-/291172434143?pt=Gitarren&hash=item43cb3ac0df

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own a Memphis bass from the same era. It's a pretty little thing. Hippy sandwich body with 5-piece neck-thru-body.. It's neck heavy as they come, which makes it tiring to play standing after a while. But it sounds great. Very rich and creamy sound despite having only a single P-Bass style pickup mounted in the sweet spot. I paid something like $300 for it (new and with custom case) back in 1980-81 or thereabouts. Not exactly cheap for a "no-name" in an era when LPs were running around a grand. But a definite keeper. I only wished I bought it's sibling guitar that was on the rack right next to it. I've since seen a few of them here and there although they were all in pretty bad shape. Mine is still almost like new.

    This one's a keeper. Should I send in a photo of it?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis