Thursday 27 June 2013

British hand-made Blackmachine B2 ebony-topped beauty currently being offered for sale on eBay UK

guitarz.blogspot.com:
I know I don't usually post pictures of guitars for Shred-heads, but even I have to admit that this Blackmachine B2 is a thing of pure beauty and because they so seldom come up for sale, I just had to bring this example - currently listed on eBay UK - to your attention.



Blackmachine guitars are hand built in the UK and feature natural finishes to allow the beauty of the wood to speak for itself. They are also famed for their very thin bodies as you can see in the side-on shot above. This particular model, built in 2006, features: Honduras Rosewood neck, grain aligned with Ebony fillets, Ebony fingerboard, Ebony top, 40 year old Mahogany body, Bare Knuckle Nailbomb Pickups (Camo finish) with coil tap, Sperzel locking tuners, and an Earvana compensated graphite nut. Blackmachine are currently not taking orders for guitars as they already have a large waiting list, so if this guitar appeals to you, this could be your only chance to lay your hands on one in the immediate future.

Bidding currently over £300 at the time of writing with two days to go on the auction - I think it'll fetch a lot more than that. [EDIT - It ended up selling for £4000 more than that - the winning bid was £4,300.]

G L Wilson

© 2013, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

3 comments:

  1. Nice. I don't think I've ever seen an ebony top before. I like the headstock too. Probably would've gone with a different body shape though, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! But it'll be neck heavy, for sure. Honduran rosewood is the heaviest rosewood (by far) I've ever run across (I've used it to make fingerboards), and then combine that with an ebony fingerboard, Sperzel tuners, AND add the fact of the thin body of relatively lightweight mahogany (the top is probably just a veneer) ... it makes my collar bone (cause that's where the weight will concentrate) hurt just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have 2 of these until I was burgled and they are the most beautifully balanced and smooth playing guitars you will ever have the privilege of playing. Doug's attention to detail isn't just in the body shape and selection of woods. Each body is made precisely the width it needs to be to create the right tonality and is matched to one neck which is built to reflect that tonality too. The guitars came in 20-30 grams lighter than my strat, even though they're made with heavier wood and outperformed in sustain and playability every other guitar they got compared to.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis